How to Apply for Funding
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Central Indiana grants program!
The 2015-16 Online Grant Application process will open in late September 2014.
To be eligible to apply, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe. Individuals cannot apply.
- Located in one of the following 21 counties in our service area: Bartholomew, Boone, Brown, Clinton, Decatur, Delaware, Grant, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Howard, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Morgan, Rush, Shelby, Tippecanoe and/or Tipton.
- Must address priorities identified in the Community Profile (see below).
2015-2016 Grant Cycle Timeline
Mandatory Grant Writing Workshop - Tuesday, September 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. @ Pyramid #3 lower level conference facility
Application Deadline - Monday, December 1 by 4:30 p.m.
Award Notification - Mid-March-April 1, 2015
Award Period - April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016
Community Profile Priorities
*The following counties are expected to not meet HP 2020 Guidelines for either the late-stage target or death rate and, therefore, are priority areas; Boone, Rush and Shelby County.
Our priorities are to:
- Eliminate barriers that prohibit women from entering in the continuum of care and receiving treatment, such as time away from work, transportation and child care.
- Target education and outreach strategies toward behavior change to ensure that women among all populations actually receive mammograms and complete the continuum of care.
- Increase access to diagnostic and treatment services for the working poor and underinsured/uninsured, particularly for those living at or just above 200 percent of the federal poverty level (defined as $47,100 for a family of four).
- Increase access to care for Hispanic women in Clinton County.
- Reduce late stage diagnosis and increase access to care for African American women in Marion County, focusing on behavior changes and the completion of the breast continuum of care.
To find out more about our application opening and processes, please email our Grants & Outreach Manager - email@example.com.